Have YOU Found YOUR Purpose Yet?
* Ever questioned and asked what you're doing here on Planet Earth?
* Ever had one of those days when you said; 'I've had enough! No more! I don't get it! Why ME!??
* Ever wanted peace and comfort - enough of the hustle bustle of daily life and just time to be you???
***Reflection Moment (take a minute)***
So I ask you, what's stopping you from being you and having peace and comfort in life?
Why are you self-sabotaging yourself with negative self-talk (I'm not good enough!) Or negative company (No, don't be silly, you can't do that!) And negative situations (I always get thrown into these situations...!).
We've all had the above (or some of still do) - even me, I had those questions too - but that was once-upon-a-rainbow-coloured-moon (sorry, but the whole blue moon thing, its overrated!).
Life will have its ups and downs - and the reason for that is that it's teaching us a lesson - how to better ourselves and fulfil our true purpose - the reason we have been created.
"Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose) and that you would not be brought back to Us?" [23:115]
So, 'What is MY purpose then?!'; I hear you ask.
Let our Rabb answer that for us insha'Allah.
"And I (Allah) created not the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (Alone)" [Qur'an 51:56]
...And that's it!
No, really, that's it!
That is our 'Ultimate Purpose' and the reason we have been created. Not study, work, marriage, kids, businesses, etc - but to worship Allah.
Yes we have to live and work and procreate etc - but that's our secondary purpose.
Question: If you don't worship Allah, then what use is the rest?
This life is only temporary and then we leave for our next life. And to get the top spot in the next world we have to worship Allah in this world and abide by His laws and commands.
That is why the Qur'an teaches us the dua; 'My Lord grant us good in this world and good in the hereafter and save us from the punishment of the fire' (Surah Baqarah).
It is ok to have the riches and goodness of this world - for the dua above is asking us to ask of the goodness of this world first.
However - imagine getting all the goodness and riches of this world, yet never worshiping Allah and then burning in the depths of hell in the next world?
I know, not nice at all!
So our ultimate purpose is to worship Allah alone (not associating any partners with Him).
We - each of us - have a 'Unique Purpose' also.
The best of teachers, Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:
"Carry on doing (good) deeds, for each person will find it easy to do such deeds as will lead him to his destined place for which he has been created. So, he who is destined to be among the happy (in the Hereafter), will find it easy to do the deeds characteristic of such people..."
[Part of an authentic Hadeeth collected by Al-Bukhari in his Saheeh, V.6, Hadeeth #472]
This also means that when our Unique Purpose (____ fill in the blank with your unique purpose, I.e what you do, your passions, career, business etc) is aligned with our Ultimate Purpose then we find ease, peace and closeness to Allah az wajal.
Action Point & Tips:
1. Have YOU found your unique purpose yet? If not, grab a pen and paper, make a mind map and start brainstorming all your passions and all that you would like to do, be and accomplish. Write for 15mins solid and then stop. Group similar things together (as many will overlap) but the trick is to keep writing for 15mins non-stop, don't restrict your thinking - just let it flow...
2. What are your strengths and weaknesses in each of the above groups on your mind map and which ones really bring you peace, ease and comfort?
3. Chose 3 groups (you can chose 1 or 2 if you want) that you really want to excel in and which really bring you ease right now and make you smile. Write three things you will do in each group right NOW to make them happen - maybe these are goals and ideas you've been putting off yet thinking about all the time. Right NOW plan on how you will achieve them, make a dua and watch how Allah puts barakah in them.
Remember how last week we talked about moments? Well, this moment is all you have! (If you missed last week's blog topic then please click here ) http://www.webeinspired.com/1/post/2011/12/what-are-you-doing-this-moment.html)
"He brings you back to life each day, so that the appointed term be fulfilled; in the end, to Him shall you return." (al-Quran 6:60)
...So before we return, let's work hard on our 'Ultimate Purpose' and find our 'Unique Purpose' which will be aligned with our ultimate purpose and one which will bring us closer to Allah and bring goodness both in this world and the next insha'Allah.
I love to hear your feedback and if you need help in finding your 'Unique Purpose' - email me on firstname.lastname@example.org and i'm here to help insha'Allah :)
Adebola Risquat Adeoye
13/3/2012 11:49:05 pm
Jst got readin dis mail. Its truly inspirational & helped me realize d main purpose of existence
11/6/2012 09:33:32 am
lovely article but can you explain how our unique purpose will align us with our main purpose im confused
28/7/2016 01:21:56 am
My understanding is this ;
2/8/2012 02:18:26 pm
Which template is this for your blog?
Leave a Reply.
Nadia Leona Yunis