The Virus Pandemic!
I pray all is well with you and your family.
I sent out an email to my inner-circle tribe over the weekend and it was appreciated by many, so, I decided to post it as a blog post article.
The recent virus pandemic affects us all - one way or another - so I wanted to do my part to help inspire and motivate you to stay in the energy of hope.
You know our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said in a Hadith that when one part of the body hurts, the whole body is in pain.
This is for the believers and those in the fold of Islam.
This also applies to our family in humanity.
We all come from the one same God and so we hurt when our sisters and brothers in humanity hurt.
Sometimes, we are alone in our specific pain or illness - however, currently, we are in this together.
I want to let you know that I'm here for you and should you need to speak with me then I'm just an email away.
Reach out OK, I'm here.
I also want to speak about a few things - I will keep it brief and in point form.
I want to share what I'm doing to help myself and my family.
I've personally had quite a few health challenges over the last few years and in late November last year onwards I had a pretty bad cold/flu/cough/chest phlegm. I had to have chest x-rays and praise be to God all is well. However, the energy dropped a lot, especially with the fever, and I was indoors resting and healing.
So, I hope and pray the below inspires and motivates you to take practical and calm steps too and brings hope in your life in these uncertain times.
1. Tie the camel and trust in God - this is part of our faith in all that we do as Muslims.
Plan, and remember, God is the best of all planners.
I've put a plan in place as I have elderly parents with various health challenges and I'm a mother to two cats.
Get the family involved in the plans - keep them informed - again, as I have elderly parents, I have to take the lead here.
2. I've got the essential items I need for myself, my family, my cats. Stock up on what you need and think of others too. Share - as someone else needs the essential items too. We really are in this together on this one!
3. Check news updates at least once daily to see if there are new steps to follow and follow them (my dad goes to mosque to pray in congregation and so knowing updates about this has helped).
4. The basics which we should all be doing always is washing our hands with soap and water or with hand sanitiser and keep wipes to clean door handles and surfaces and floors (I'm a clean freak - mild ocd on that one!).
5. Check your bills and anything that needs to go out on a monthly basis - don't get a surprise later!
6. If you need medicine then get that sorted. I know my parents have repeat prescriptions and I've found out that we can do them online (even I learn something new everyday!).
7. Ramadan is also coming up so keep that in mind when stocking up for food - again, the basics and essentials.
8. Keep in contact with family, friends, neighbours - especially the elderly and vulnerable. I'm the Co-ordinator for our Neighbourhood Watch (I set it up after our incident) for our road and so I make sure to send out updates and it's my duty to make sure our neighbours are OK during this time.
Be part of a community - online or offline - so you have somewhere to turn to for help and support and please be that help and support for someone too - they too will be scared and need advice and reassurance.
9. Tie up loose ends where you need to - I'll be doing that this coming week, as if there is a lockdown then it won't get done.
10. Stay calm, pray, turn to God, and know that this too shall come to pass.
Faith, belief, trust, prayer - these help put everything into perspective - from our purpose of existence to our personal challenges to global pandemics. (If you need more help on this then just browse our blog library archive and you'll find many articles to help you).
11. Work your mindset!
Obviously there's a lot of negative news and information out there - please try not to get caught up in online social media battles or scare mongering - just follow official government updates.
Limit your online activity where possible - and it is possible - it requires discipline - and remember, there once was a life before the internet - it's still there - it's time to reconnect with it (and reconnect with family and friends?).
Whatever we tell our mind continuously, it will believe, and it will come to pass.
Last night, whilst I was lying in bed, I knew that I had to turn things around for me.
I've been on this mindset path for some time now so I know the patterns.
I told myself that, whilst following the above steps, I was going to help myself through this (as I mentioned, I had been very ill back in November and December with cough/cold/flu/chest phlegm. it was BAD!).
I want to live a healthy and healed life so I said to myself that every time the word 'covid-19' popped in my head, I was going to counter it with 'Healed-786'.
That I am! Lol.
Because I know that what we repeat comes to pass and becomes part of our world, I want to remain positive in all this.
So by saying 'Healed-786' what I'm saying to my mind and brain and body and cells is that, I'm healthy and healed and this will pass on bye.
I'm visualising pure golden and white light entering my body and cells and all my cells jumping with joy and happiness and spreading healing throughout - and I'm asking God for His help and healing.
It takes a while to get used to saying this (as with all new changes) but its working out good.
Try it - you've got nothing to lose.
Many illnesses and dis-eases are from our mindset and how we live our lives - from the food we eat, the environment we live in, the thoughts we entertain, the people we surround ourselves with, the words we speak to ourselves and others.
Yes, we all must leave this planet one day - however, there is a lot we can do to help ourselves and minimise and even reduce our aches and pains.
This is also a long topic in and of itself and I won't cover it here - just go back to the 11 steps above for now and work on them.
Some of you reading this will already be in a country which is lock-downed, I'm sending positive vibes and prayers of health and healing for you all.
Please do keep me and my family in your prayers.
Remember to stay positive - stay in the energy of hope - stay Healed-786!
Let me know in the comments below how you're planning and preparing and how else I can help you through these uncertain times.
And finally, for now, let's turn to God, before we return to God.
[BTW, if we've just met for the very first time right now on this blog post article and you resonate with my words and you want to learn more about me and how I can help you, then I invite you to CLICK HERE to join my 'Inner Circle Tribe' and grab yourself some FREE Masterclass trainings to start learning from me right away. They'll really help you during these tough times. If you're a regular WBI'er then you're good for now - keep an eye out for the regular emails.]
Nadia Leona Yunis